Can mild itching and burning sensation in groin after unprotected sex be symptom of STD?

Mar 2013
I had unprotected sexual activity but no penetration she put her moth on me but that was about it. about 3 days ago I had also trimmed up down there with a razor the same day I did this now I have mild itching and a burning sensation in the left pocket of my groin. is this an std?
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. It is possible that you are having a reaction to the shaving with the razor . An STD would not generally manifest so early, nor are you having typical symptoms like blisters / scabs / pus filled bumps etc. Put a mild aloe vera salve on the area, and avoid intercourse till the itching resolves. If it persists for more than 3 - 5 days ( should go down by then ), you need to see a doctor and have proper examination. DO not meanwhile rub or handle the area excessively. Avoid soaps, cleansers or other products on the area. Just clean with lukewarm water, XXXXXXX dry and apply aloe vera gel. In any case, go for STD screening after 6 weeks. All the best. Feel free to ask for further clarifications.
Follow-up: Can mild itching and burning sensation in groin after unprotected sex be symptom of STD? 8 minutes later
there is what appears to be a little bit of possible razor burn at the base of the shaft of my penis but it is not painful the only painful area is the left pocket of my groin and there is a small area of inflammation and redness located closer to the testacles is this something
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: It could be abrasion due to the oral sex. Also, did you shave over the area wherein you are having the redness ? Do not itch, and mostly the inflammation should subside in a couple of days. Regarding the status of STD, it is best to get yourself screened. Take care.
Follow-up: Can mild itching and burning sensation in groin after unprotected sex be symptom of STD? 52 minutes later
I do not believe that area was shaved over when I was usin the razor I do however visit the gym. 3 days a week and use the elyptical machine every time I go. I will go to my doctor and have myself examined this week but as you said it is not possible for an std to manifest itself this quickly. I am not sure how to approach this I have gone to get std checks before just because of past risky behavior and had a full battery of tests done blood work and culture sample everything has always come back negative. But I have also never really experienced any feelings as I have described to you like this. It is sometimes painful on the mid-shaft halfway from the top more towards the side and a feeling of general discomfort in my genital region I pray this is not an std I didn't think that I needed to wear a condom for oral sex her and I had also kissed but I feel nothing orally and show no signs or am showing no symptoms in or around my mouth.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Well, oral sex also should be protected always. Herpes for example is transmitted by oral intercourse. You would not show symptoms around the mouth , as your genital region was exposed. I still believe a couple of days is too early for symptoms to manifest. Just go to the clinic and mention the particular incident of unprotected sexual behaviour , so that accordingly testing can be initiated. Meanwhile, do apply local aloe vera salve, its possible that the discomfort would subside. All the best