Can mild bleeding, headache and bloating be indications of pregnancy?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
hello doctor i want know whether i m pregnant or not. i m 37 years old. i had my period on 22/11/2013. on 5th dec 2013 i had sex. then on 22/12/2013 i had mild bleeding. now i m having headache , also i m not able to work for longer hours, i m about to faint, then i checked my blood pressure. its 140/104. then i have checked my blood suger which is 54. i m also having bloating. i have taken home pergnancy test. but it came negative. please help me out. i dont have any sugar problem
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Low blood sugar and no pregnancy Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Onset of menstrual cycles on 22-12-13 rules out conception. A negative pregnancy tests further confirms the absence of pregnancy. Irregularities in menstrual cycle and amount of bleed is common in healthy menstruating women. Your blood sugar is on the lower side although you have not mentioned whether it was random or fasting. However, whatever the case may be the blood sugar is quite low and it may be responsible for the fainting attack. The blood pressure of 140/104 is also on upper side however, it cannot be labeled as hypertension on single value. It could due your anxious state of mind. You need to get your blood sugar levels done and blood pressure. Consult your physician for both things. If you have more queries I will be glad to answer Dr Shailja P Wahal