Can micronor be taken to delay periods?

Mar 2016

I have my period now and was going to start taking micronor 3 days before my next period starts.....will this delay my period????????
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Brief Answer: YES, YOU CAN TAKE MICRONOR 3 DAYS AGO. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Yes, You can take MICRONOR (Norethisterone) tab 3 days before your next period date to postpone or delay your period. It is usually taken twice daily and should be continued as long as you want to delay (max 2 weeks). You will get a withdrawal bleeding or similar to period within 5 to 7 days of stopping the medicine. Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen