Can metal plate in front of forehead cause mood swings with time and will the plate wear out?

Neurologist, Surgical
My husband was hit by a boulder 30 years ago while rock climbing.He had emergency surgery and had a metal plate put in front of fourhead.Can this cause mood swings with time and will the plATE wear out
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Stroke
Answered by Dr. Shivakumar S. Kupanur 1 hour later

The mood swings of your husband are unlikely due to the metal plate fixed in his head. However, it could be due the long-term sequel of head injury itself, as a remote possibility.

These non-reactive plates are XXXXXXX plates and are fixed in silent immovable area. Therefore, it does not wear out. In movable areas like spine, there is rare possibility of it to be displaced. However, in skull, it does not displace or wear out.

I hope, I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries if any.