Can menstrual period be stopped just after having intercourse?

Can Period be stopped by having intercource? if it stopped right after having intercource, dose that me I am pregnant?
Posted Fri, 25 Jan 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

No, menstrual period does not stop after having intercourse. If it stops after intercourse it does not mean that you are pregnant.

Ovulation occurs around 14 days prior to onset of menstruation. Hence a lady is fertile from 12-16 days before menstruation. There are more chances of having a pregnancy if one has an intercourse during this period.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts of the case.

Wishing you all the best.