Can mensovit plus be used for abortion or as an ECP ?

General Surgeon
Hi Doctor,
Me and my girlfriend had sex on 31-may-2011, i did not cum inside her. But she did not get her periods this month which needs to be between 20-25-June-2011. Pls help me??? If she take mensovit plus now will she be able to get her periods back?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Teen Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 27 minutes later

As the precum also contains some sperms ( intra vaginal ejaculation is not necessary),so if the unprotected sex is done during unsafe periods chances of pregnancy can`t be ruled out completely.

As she was expected to have her menses between 20-25 XXXXXXX Delay is very short ,so it is quite difficult to say at this stage her to be pregnant.

Some times delay periods also occur due to tension of unprotected sex & tension of pregnancy.

She should go for pregnancy test with early morning urine sample. If positive she can go for medical abortion , a better option..

She can take mensovit plus to avoid tension,it may help her to have menses .

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.
Follow-up: Can mensovit plus be used for abortion or as an ECP ? 22 minutes later
If she takes mensovit plus at this point in time, will it not help her to get the periods back. If yes how many tablet she need to take a time or in a day? 1 more query I read somewhere that mensovit plus also helps you to abort. Is that true??
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 8 hours later
Nice to see you again     

Mensovit plus is manufactured by Ranbaxy ,it only helps in regulating menstrual cycle,

Its role in abortion or early pregnancy is not well defined.

So consuming drugs without confirmation of pregnancy or diagnosis is not advisable.

If not pregnant it may restore her menses .

She will have to first do her urine pregnancy tests.

But in such circumstances best option still remains medical abortion if she is pregnant ( abortion with drugs only) with the guidance & supervision of gynec.

‘Hope I have answered your query, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”