Can meniscus tear be repaired by an ayurvedic treatment?

CAN A MENISCUS TEAR (POINT1 BELOW) BE CURED BY AYURVEDIC TREATMENT? MRI REPORT POINTS 1. Horizontal and vertical oblique tear in the posterior horn of medial menisus with small meniscal fragment in the inferolateral aspect of body. ARTHOSCOPY SUGGESTED 2. Contusion in the medial femoral and tibial condyles on their posterior aspects. 3. Multiple areas of grade 3 to grade 4 cartilage loss on articular surface of patella with subchondral cystic changes. 4. Grade 1 sprain in the medial collateral ligament.
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No sir, ayurvedic medication cannot help treat it Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. There are a few aspects of meniscal injuries you need to understand before going into treatment. For any part of the body to heal, a blood supply to the region is required. When we talk about the meniscus, only about 30 % of the meniscus has an intact blood supply and is called the red zone. The remaining part of the meniscus does not have a blood supply and thus, once injured or torn, it cannot heal or be treated. So whether ayurvedic, homeopathic or allopathic medication, none of them can really help. So the answer to your question would be No sir, ayurvedic medication cannot help. The only help we can provide your injured meniscus is a surgical procedure which will most probably include a meniscectomy and replacement. I hope you find my response both helpful and informative sir. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.
Follow-up: Can meniscus tear be repaired by an ayurvedic treatment? 9 hours later
thank you very much Doctor XXXXXXX In that case what would be the cost involved and number of days to recuperate post surgery for meniscectomy and replacement? Also pl suggest well know , reliable and economical hospital/clinics to operate in Mumbai /Bangalore - India Thanks Sir
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Shall surely help you with that information Detailed Answer: Hello once again sir. You are most welcome. I am unaware about the cost, but it is best if you have medical insurance. Medical insurance will help to reduce the cost by 80 % and you will only end up paying a few thousands from your pocket (4-8). I would recommend Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX from Garden City Hospital Bangalore, as I used to work with him and he is a very good doctor. I am unaware of the reputation of other doctors in Bangalore as I am no longer stationed in India. I hope you find my response helpful. Please do not hesitate to write back to me for any further clarifications sir, I am always available to help. Best wishes.