Can marks appear on a body after death?

Can marks appear on a child's body an hour or so, after he or she passes away?
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
The marks you are talking about are called as Livor mortis.
This is known as hypostasis in the medical community. Within two to four hours after death, the blood in the body settles to the portions of the body closest to the ground. 
 This condition is apparent as dark purple bruise-type marks on the person's body. The blood flows from the larger veins, and because of the lack of a heartbeat to continue its movement, it quickly drains into the smaller capillaries, which burst,giving appearance of bruises and marks on body.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck