Can marijuana show up in a drug test after five months of its intake?

Just took a drug test (hair sample taken). Tried marijuana 5 months ago (only took one puff). Will it show on my test? Also, I have read that aspirin/Tylenol, allergy/sinus meds, and some health supplements can give false positives for many different things. I regularly take aspirin for minor pains/headaches, took the sinus and allergy meds when I was feeling under the weather last week (they were all purchased at the pharmacy & do not need a prescription) and the supplements I take do not have any prohibited substances in them.
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Would most likely be negative Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. Because you tried it just once 6months ago, there is just no way for a trace of this to be found i your system at this time. It normally becomes undetectable in persons who try this just once by the 10th day. It is even more unlikely using the hair to identify a one time use. A more consistent use is needed for this hair test to be positive. It is true we can have some false positives but it is not the routine. t will happen in less than 2/100 persons who get tested. You should not be bothered about this unless there is something else you are more concerned about that I don't know. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for using our services and please feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: Can marijuana show up in a drug test after five months of its intake? 2 minutes later
I have told you everything, but it was a one time use 5 months ago, and only one puff. I was concerned about that one time/one puff showing up. I just dontwant any of the legal medications i take to have an effect on the outcome of my test.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thanks ! Detailed Answer: Thanks for following up with me. It will not turn out positive. Tests used nowadays and the thresholds are far better that false positives have been greatly reduced. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD.