Can lump in throat and wheezing be signs of pneumonia?

i have had sinus infections ear problem since October - was put on Augmenten twice - the whole time - I felt like a lump was in my throat and i was wheezing when lying down at night - only when lying down - went to primary care 5 times - went to two ENT's = thought maybe it was GERD - was on stuff for GERD for 6 weeks - no help for the lump in throat wheezing..... started coughing too - still sinus crap going on....felt like no one listening... saw an ENT the FRIDAY before I left for vacation - and voila - ended up in the HOSPItAL with pneumonia - ER dr couldn't hear the wheezing either .... could I have had pneumonia this whole time?
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Wheezing was a sign of pneumonia... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your medical history and understood your concerns. To my opinion, you had first a common viral infection which has been complicated with pneumonia. The wheezing symptom you experienced was a typical sign for pneumonia. A further physical examination and chest X-ray was advised to be taken at that time. Wish fast recovery now! Dr.Alba