Can little bumps on hand, sore penis and rashes on groin after unprotected oral sex be indications of STD?

Question
I had unprotected oral sex and a couple of days later I noticed red bumps on my penis head. They were not painful and they went away. Later on I started to get a rash on my groin it lasted for weeks. Then I started to notice little bumps all over my skin that spread from my arms up to my head. Now when I masturbate the head of my penis get red and sore. Where the skin overlaps is red under neath of it. Any ideas?
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Basic rule out of STD's Detailed Answer: Dear sir, Thanks a lot for your query. The symptoms are non specific, but given the recnt unprotected encounter, a complete screen for sexually transmitted diseases should be conducted, because many of these such as syphilis and gonorrhea can have skin manifestations. In general, I recommend RPR for syphilis, HIV, chlamydia and gonococal antigen in urine, and HSV (herpes) 1 and 2. If these are ruled out, perhaps the skin issue is not related, and may be part of a fungal infection, particularly given the fact that it affected the moist groin area. Hope that helps wish you the best, Dr Brenes-Salazar MD Mayo Clinic MN