Can lipitor causes weakness in leg and allergies like itchy face?

I wonder if Lipitor causes allergies like itching on face, extremities and on throat
I feel also weakness in my leg. I am using Lipitor since last 6 monts- benicar HCt for hypertension and Nexium, Aspiring 325 mg.
My last week full blood work was good
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 13 minutes later
Lipitor- Atorvastatin can cause a mild allergic reaction like itching on face and extremities. This most commonly decreases on taking an anti allergic like Cetrizine.
The weakness in the legs that you are feeling is likely to be due to the excessive muscle breakdown caused by all the statins. This can cause the mild muscular pain like you are having. Mostly these muscle pains are mild and can be well controlled with mild pain killers.
In case the pain is persistent then you can consult your physician to consider other alternative medicines for lipid lowering.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.