Can lipitor 40mg cause long term dysentery and low albumin in blood?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
can the drug lipitor 40mg give you long term dysentry? also low albumin in blood? thankyou XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 4 hours later

Thanks for writing your query.

Lipitor which contains Atorvastatin is reported to cause muscular pain. Diarrhea has been reported by some people. Therefore long term diarrhea can be related to atorvastatin if all other causes are ruled out. You should get your stool examined to know the cause of dysentry. There may be an infection of gastrointestinal tract.

Low albumin in blood on the other hand is not related to atorvastatin. It can be due to excretion of albumin in urine due to some renal pathology.

I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.