Can lifting weights while holding breath lead to brain aneurysm?

Can lifting weights while holding your breath lead to the development of a brain aneurysm?
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 26 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that Lifting weights while holding your breath will not lead to development of aneurysms in my opinion . But if you already have an aneurysm then it can be XXXXXXX as these manoeuveres incresae the intracranial pressure at times . Take care. Dr. Shruti