Can laser or cosmetic surgery remove brown spots from tongue surface?

Can laser or cosmetic surgery be used to remove brown spots from surface of tongue (taste bud area)? If so, what doctor in Atlanta, GA can help with this?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 6 hours later

Going by the pictures sent by you there seems to be a mixture of two types of lesions- enlarged papillae which are looking red raised lesions on the sides of tongue as visible in the second picture which might result from vitamin deficiency or malabsorption if accompanied by any gastrointestinal problems.

The black lesions again might result from the above two reasons or a drug side effect or if the lesions have been present since early life then might be a nevus.

I am sorry but no laser or surgery can solve the problem.

In case some malabsorption or deficiency is resulting in the lesions then only these can be treated by treating the underlying condition.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr.Rohit Batra