Can laryngitis harm the unborn baby?

Can laryngitis harm my unborn baby?
Posted Sun, 15 Jul 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 3 hours later

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

It will nice if you mention the the duration of pregnancy and also how severe is the laryngitis.

Laryngitis is usually caused by viral or allergic causes. Uncommonly they might be related to pyogenic organisms.

Depending on the severity the treatment should be taken. I advice you to only take lots of fluids, take tylenol if i have sore throat, have a cold mist humidifier at night time and gurgle salt and warm water.

If it is mild I do not see any factors to affect the baby. I advice you not take the drug by your own, consult the physician then only take it.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer