Can large tonsils give the sensation of lump in throat that burn and scratch?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Can large tonsils give u the sensation of a lump in your throat and also feel burning and scratchy
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Large tonsils when they are infected and irritated can give rise to the sensation of a lump in the throat. The burning and scratchy feeling is again indicative of an infection in the area.
To take care of these symptoms, doing warm saline gargles will be helpful. You may also need oral antibiotics after a throat swab culture if the feeling is persistent.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.