Can klopin, phenoytoin, metformin, omeprozole cause elevated blood levels?

I take klopin, phenoytoin, metformin, omeprozole,and XXXXXXX can any of these
cause an elevation in my blood levels?
Posted Thu, 12 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 4 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the question. Hope you are doing well.

Out of the drugs you have given Omeprazole can increase the level of XXXXXXX
Omeprazole inhibits the metabolism of XXXXXXX by inhibiting the Cyp 2C19 and hence the drug (soma) level in the blood will be increased.

If there is any problem in liver and kidney then also the XXXXXXX level will be increased.

In some individuals due to impaired metabolism (may be genetic polymorphism) of XXXXXXX they exhibit 2-3 times longer half life of drug than that in normal subjects. The half-life of meprobamate(its metabolite) is also many times longer, between 6 and 17 hours. Hence the accumulation of meprobamate can happen during chronic therapy.

Hope these information will help you in knowing the cause of elevated XXXXXXX level.
Feel free to ask me if you want any further related information. Wish you good health.