Can kidney pain be symtoms of chronic kidneydisease?

Dear Sir, Kindly check my medical history and attached reports, My Present Medical History: I have undergone Blood Test, Urine test and ultrasound on 16th December 2013, inorder to know any complications in Kidney and my doctor gave me report stating everything is absolutely normal and under control limits and no evidence of calculus. I was a staunch alcoholic from 2008-2012 and has been diagnosed with Grade 1 Fatty Liver. My present symptoms: (1) Sometimes i feel a slight muscle ache on my kidney area which i feel revealed when i use to lie on bed or twist my body. (2) I use to drink a lot of water, if water level is reduced due to exertion by exercise or walking, my urine will be slight to partially dark yellowish colour with a burning sensation. My Specific Questions: (1) Do i am proceeding towards a Chronic Kidney Disease which is progressing slowly. (2) As at the time of this incidence in 2003, neither my doctor nor me were able to come on a conclusion because ultrasound was not possible due to water retention and IVP X-ray was not possible due to Gastritis at that time. Later as the symptoms subsided, so i didnt bothered also. As per your opinion, upto what extent might be the damage happened to kidneys at that time and is it reversible. Looking forward for you kind advice and suggestions.
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 days later
Brief Answer: Kidneys are healthy Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Urology, working with an experienced Urologist. I answer on his behalf. All the blood test parameters and the scan report suggest that kidney is healthy state. 1) I do not think you are proceeding towards chronic kidney disease. If there was problem serum creatinine would be deranged. 2) I would like to know the exact diagnosis in 2002-03. Was it hydrocele or hydronephrosis ? Kidney could have damaged structurally then which could have healed after the solution of the stone. Waiting for your response,
Follow-up: Can kidney pain be symtoms of chronic kidneydisease? 8 hours later
Dear Sir, It was Hydrocele, where in my testicles were swollen and as i avoided to go to a professional doctor and purchase an OTC medicine from a pharmacy which resulted in the above mentioned kidney problem
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Reversible kidney damage Detailed Answer: Hi, Since the blood tests and the scan pertaining to the kidney are normal now. I consider that you might have had reversible kidney damage which has healed by now. Need not worry, I do not believe there is need for any concern now. Wish you good health. Regards,