Can irritated and sore rectum be due to hemorrhoids?

My rectum area is irratated and sore. Wondering if its hemerroids? Thx. XXXXX
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need more info Detailed Answer: Hello Just irritation and soreness of the rectal/anal region need not be haemorhoids, please get back to me with the following details so that I can come to a better conclusion 1. Have you anytime noticed any blood in the stools? 2. Have you noticed any swelling in the anal region? 3. Do you have constipation? 4. Does it burn while passing motion? 5. Have you noticed any change in the form of stools? Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply Regards
Follow-up: Can irritated and sore rectum be due to hemorrhoids? 19 minutes later
1. No blood 2 swelling, yes 3 no constipation 4 no burn while passing only when wiping. Feels like rash and itches. 5 no change in stool form.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Haemorrhoids Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query From the description you have given it looks like you are having haemorrhoids but the local itching and rash might be a seperate issue. There might be a local infection which is causing the discomfort. Here are my suggestions 1. Keep the peri anal region clean . 2. Avoid itching over the region 3. Lignocaine jelly applied over the are will give some relief 4. Please approach a general surgeon for examination and to put you on appropriate antibiotic or anti fugal ointments Since you do not have constipation, bleeding in stools or change in the form of stools no emergency intervention of haemorrhoids is necessary as of now I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health and a speedy recovery Regards