Can iron deficiency cause permanent pubic hair loss?

Infertility Specialist
hi can low iron for 2 years cause permanent pubic hairloss?..I hair shedding for 2 years the symptoms I had was hairloss dry skin and double heartbeats/rapid/hard the heart problems was not 24 7 just from time to time I couldnt sleep cuz of my heart pumping so hard and fast and double beats...anyway I got my Irons up and my hair stopped shedding and it got strong my eyebrows grew fully back cuz I had lost eyebrow hairs on the upper part of the eyebrow and that grew back instantly...but the hair on my head never grew back and its been 9 months now...but I also have some male pattern baldness a receeded hairline and dry brittle I guess its harder for the lost hair to grow back but still have I caused my hair folicles to die due to low iron for too long? im devistated about this cuz I lost 50% of the thickness of my hair during those 2 years...and after my hair got alot thinner I started taking saw palmetto and after I quit taken it well my penis became numb and my nipples too and libido vanished for months so my body was not in normal state at all..after all of this the low iron and saw palmetto I have noticed that my pubic hair has thinned out ALOT...just 2 years ago it was alot I dont know if the loss of pubic hair was due to low iron for 2 years or due to the saw palmetto that fucked me up big time....what do you Think about all of this? has my hair folicles died? I never experienced any headaces or dizzyness and I wasnt particullary tired when I had the low iron and lost alot of it wasnt that extreme I would say.... please answer me im sure its permanent loss due to low iron but I want to hear it from you...thank you! oh btw im just 25 years old
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: iron and vitamin deficiency Detailed Answer: Hi Looking at your symptoms its not just iron deficiency. You also have associated vitamin deficiency along with iron deficiency. You need to have regular balanced diet and cut down on fast food. Start iron and vitamin suppliments from today Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: Can iron deficiency cause permanent pubic hair loss? 10 minutes later
hi doc, I have already eaten a good diet for 9 months hair shedding stopped 9 months ago because I ate lots of spinach and lots of vitamin C to absorb the iron...I also ate my iron has been fine for many months now my heart behaves normal now no more double heartbeats no rapid or hard...but my hair today in the pubic region has not returned to the thickness it should be...same goes with my head hair...I do have a receeded hairline due to genetics so the head hair has a harder time to recover I guess...but im afraid that it has caused permanent hairloss due to the low iron...this is possible isnt it? I just wanna hear your opinion about this....could the low iron for 2 years cause permanent hairloss in the pubic area and head hair? are there other reasons to why I have lost so much pubic hair?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: slow regrowth Detailed Answer: Hi Your hairloss would have occurred slowly and long duration due to iron and vitamin deficiency. It may not have caused permanent damage. It will take sometime to regrow if you continue iron and vitamin suppliments. You are young. It will regrow. Regards