Can inflamed eustachian tube, plugged ear and muffled hearing causes dizziness?

Im trying to figure out why i get dizzy. I have an inflamed eustacien tube. My ear is plugged my hearing is muffled and ihave pain in the ear. All this in the left ear. When i pinch my nose and blow to open the tube i get really dizzy. What is going on andvhow do i fix it.
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi, The Eustachian tube is connecting the middle ear with back of the throat. It main functions include: - draining of the ear fluids - keep the air pressure in the 2 ears at the right levels When the Eustachian tube is inflamed as in your case, it become blocked, letting more fluids without draining from the middle ear. This causes negative pressure stucked in the middle ear, leading to dizziness and pain. So, I suggest to get checked by an ENT specialist to check for middle ear infection and examine your hearing. The blocked Eustachian tube can turn better on its own. You can continue with the simple exercise of blowing but do it gently, do not put high pressure to avoid dizziness. You can also apply warm clothing locally too to help unblocking the Eustachian tube. Hope it answered to your concern! Feel free to ask me again if you have more questions at the next follow up! Dr.Alba