Can i use trimovate cream for recurring balanitis?

Hello, some years ago I had balanitis this was treated very effectively with trimovate cream. I think this has occurred again as the symptons are exactly the same Can I be supplied with trimovate cream as it is not easy for me to get to my Drs for a straightforward thing like this. I must mention that I am 75 and take the following drugs for Parkinsons ...... Stalevo, ropinirole slow release half sinemet CR and propranolol for the termor
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Brief Answer: different treatment aspects Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic Balanitis can occur due to different possible causes but one of the most common is fungal infection. Trimovate contains 3 active ingredients: a steroid, antifungal and antibiotic Unfortunately we are only able to dispense advise and cannot provide prescriptions but I can tell other similar medications that you should be able to obtain over the counter that may be able to help you. Because balanitis is commonly more likely due a fungal than bacterial infection , creams such econoderm HC (steroid and antifungal) would be effective. Bacterial creams are not typically needed. If your pharmacy is unable to supply you with a combination cream then you can use a topical antifungal and steroid cream separately. Examples of antifungals would be ketoconazole, nystatin, econazole, travogen, clotimazole The steroid cream that would be more widely available over the counter would be hydrocortisone. IN addition to these creams the other aspects of balantis treatment are: (1)clean the penis with warm water twice daily (2)avoid irritating soaps or creams- use mild agents (3)clean gently with an mild antiseptic agent Summary : (1) if a combination cream is not available over the counter , obtain a separate antifungal and steroid cream I hope this helps,feel free to ask any other questions