Can i use dronaboil for pain management?

I am a 59 yaer old man which has had various injuries over the years. i have OA of the spine along with other medical conditions which keeps me in pain all the time. over the years I have been on everything out their for pain. Lately I've read alot on nabilone and dronabinol for pain management. My Doctor won't write out an Rx for it. How do I find a doctor who would?
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Doctors in pain management clinic. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX I went through your query and understood your concerns. Nabilone and dronabinol both are cannabinoid. It works by affecting the actions of certain chemicals in the brain. Commonly used for treating nausea and vomiting caused by cancer chemotherapy in patients who have not responded to other medicine. Some studies have shown use of these medication have additive effect on pain relief in patients with chronic pain on stable amount of opioids for management. Therefore use of these medications for pain management are still under study. And so only authorized doctors can prescribe opioids, not all. My best bet would be to visit qualified doctors in pain management clinic and oncologist. They should be able to prescribe you it or other alternatives. Hope this information helpful to you, Feel free to ask further related query. Regards
Follow-up: Can i use dronaboil for pain management? 10 hours later
Thank you for your reply, Is their anyone in Pennsylvania that you could refer me to?
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 23 hours later
Brief Answer: search for pain management clinic in your area. Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for follow up query. I am from india, I have less information regarding doctors in your place. You can search for pain management clinic in your place and get help from them. I can suggest a few pain medicine specialists in your area: PA Pain Specialists Dr. Levinstein 451 Chew St Suite 405 Allentown, PA 0000 (610) 776-4746 Dr. Yarus Regional Orthopedic Associates Tall Oaks 3900 XXXXXXX Blvd Allentown, PA 18103 1-877-734-6784 Pain Specialists/Greater Lehigh 1240 S Cedar Crest Blvd Suite 307 Allentown, PA 18103 (610) 402-1756 Hope this helps you.feel free to ask further related query. Wish you a good health. Regards