Can i take lemsip max cytominaphen while taking bisoprolol and ramapril?

can i take lemsip XXXXXXX cytominaphen whilst taking bisoprolol and ramapril
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 55 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

Lemsip does contain some pseudophed which can increase your blood pressure. I usually recommend against patients taking any pseudophed containing medications especially in the setting of hypertension.

There are a multitude of cold remedies available and I would encourage you to use something more mild for symptom control. Tylenol is fine for fever. Dextromethorphan is good for cough. Diphenhydramine is ok for the congestion. If you find medicine with any or all of those ingredients I see no problem in that for you. For now I would not, however, use the Lemsip.

Thanks again for the query. I hope this response serves to be helpful. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga