Can i take Citalopram after having cocaine?
User rating for this question
i have taken 1.75 grams of cocaine at around 10 o'clock 2 hours later i took 150 mg(s) instead of my regular 100 mg(s) of Quetapine ( i regularly take 100 mg(s) 2-3 hours before bed ) and i regularly take 40 mg(s) of Citalopram in the mornings but i havent taken it yet it is now 7 am i don't want the cocaine withdrawal as it is starting to kick in and im not sure if i should take the Citalopram or not.
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 3 hours later
Brief Answer: You may take the citalopram Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Taking cocaine is not a good thing more so if you already have some psychiatric issues. You are trying hard to control your brain neurotransmitters but then taking cocaine would certainly disturb the balance. Cocaine withdrawal can be bad but you have to tolerate it. You may take some propranolol 40 mg or clonazepam 0.5 mg to counteract the anxiety producing withdrawal symptoms of cocaine. Otherwise regarding the citalopram, you may take it at its regular time. No need to skip the dosage or change the timing cause of previous nights cocaine use. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
People also viewed
- Drugs/medication for movement disorder
- Nicip plus during breast feeding
- Drugs/medication for airway obstruction
- Taking colofac with citalopram
- Drugs/medication for acute bronchitis
- Stomach cramps after taking citalopram
- Taking citalopram with acetaminophen
- Swollen lymph node on breast during pregnancy
- Pain in breast during sleep
- Drugs/medication for tinea
- Lump in each breast early pregnancy symptom
- Breasts shocks in early pregnancy
- Drugs/medication for poliomyelitis
- Taking oxyelite and citalopram
- Can i take citalopram after having cocaine