Can i safely use Minoxidil as a male whilst trying to conceive? Genetic abnormalities? Sperm count decrease?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
can i safely use minoxidil as a male whilst trying to conceive? Does it produce any genetic abnormalities in a potential foetus or reduce my sperm count?
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later

Minoxidil when used topically on the scalp reaches blood in very minute concentrations.

It can decrease your sperm volume and does not affect the sperm count and sperm health.

You can safely continue using minoxidil while trying to be a father without worrying about congenital malformations.

I hope this answers your query effectively.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.