Can i have Metformin along with Dronis? Have PCOD

ENT Specialist
can i have metformin along with dronis 30,,i'm 33 yrs.old n have pcod
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.

Well, I have gone through your history that you have PCOD along with diabetes. Now, let me tell you about some salient points of both of these drugs.

1- Dronis---

Dronis 20 is a contraceptive pill. It is often prescribed for birth control, regulation of periods. You can experience continued spotting, prolonged bleeding, and change in period pattern if you take them continuously. Other side effects would include Breast tenderness, Depression, Increase or decrease in facial and body hair ,Hair loss, Increase in spotting and breakthrough bleeding, Weight gain, Dizziness, Nervousness ,Change in libido ,Headaches etc
Dronis definitely helps to improve the hormonal imbalance associated with PCOD.

2- Metformin ---

Metformin is an oral hypoglycemic drug that lowers down the blood sugar levels after the meals. It is a very safe drug to be taken in diabetes with lesser side effects.

As far as medical literature is concerned, there is no interaction between these two drugs. Definitely you can take these two drugs simultaneously and there will be no adverse effects.
Don't be tensed for this condition.

I am here to answer all your follow ups.