Can i get pregnant inspite of torn condom?

20 hours before ,my partner's condom was torn from the tip when it was inside me. He did not ejaculate but there was precum inside the walls of the condom.I do not want to get pregnant right now.I had my last periods from 3rd february to 7th february.Is it necessary to take an emergency contraceptive in my case because it harms the body in short and long term and might also affect chances of pregnancy in future.please advise on the same and guide me what actions to take immediately.It is worrying us a lot.
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can go for emergency contraceptive pill. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. In my opinion you should go for emergency contraceptive pills if you do not want pregnancy because sometime precum also contain sperm. You are right pills contain many side effect but you can take it once or twice. I am advising it because you are in your fertile period and you do not want pregnancy, if you are ready for pregnancy then take a chance, otherwise take a medicine because you can take pills upto 72hrs. I think I have answered your query if you have further questions I will be happy to help you. Good Luck. Regards Dr. Richa