Can i get infected with Hep C by a clinical examination involving fingering inside anus?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
A man manually inserted his fingers inside my anus using new gloves and fresh lube. He tried to do fisting also but I am not sure if it was done. But let's suppose he did fisting with new gloves, I would like to know if there are any risks for Hepatitis C. Do I need to get tested? When can I be tested at the earliest for a reliable result? Thank you
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Praveen G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No, you don't require any test Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to Healthcare Magic, Hepatitis C is transmitted by sexual contact,sexual fluids (seminal and vaginal fluids) and also through transfusion of infected blood and blood products. The infected blood or fluid should come in contact with your anal mucus membranes to get virus into your body.As you have not come into contact of the blood or sexual fluids,the chance of getting Hepatitis C will not be there. So there is no need for any test for Hepatitis C. For your information tests done in case of suspected Hepatitis C infection are 1. HCV Antibody Testing 2. HCV Viral Load Testing 3. HCV Genotypic Testing 4. Liver Function Tests: Because hepatitis C is a liver disease. Hope you got the answer for your query, if you have any further query feel free to post them. Thank you.