Can i get a prescription for birth control pills without a pelvic exam?

can i get a prescribtion fir birth control pills without a pelvic exam? i am 22, sexually active, never had blood clots problems, don`t smoke
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 14 minutes later
Hi Dani,

I am sorry the pills cannot be prescribed without clinical examination as other than pelvic examination evaluation of the height,weight,BP,menstrual history,any associated problems etc are to be taken into consideration and then it is to be decided which one would be best suited according to your requirement.Since I am not observing you it is difficult to comment on net.
Consider visiting your Healthcare Provider for the prescription.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for follow up query.