Can i exercise on orbitrek while pregnant?

Cardiologist
Question
can i exercise on orbitrek while pregnant (25 weeks), it s been a very long time i didnot exercise, and almost not moving all the day. how long should i start exercising per day and is it safe, and is orbitrek fine?
Posted Thu, 26 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 3 hours later
Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.
I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in cardiology. That is why my special interest in exercise programs.
I read your mail with diligence.
I am assuming that you are referring to the Orbitrek Elliptical trainer. If so, then yes you can use that during pregnancy. However, I would only recommend that during the first few( up to 5) months of pregnancy. After that you will need to consult your Obstetrician about exercises useful in pregnancy. The intensity and amount of exercise will depend on you fitness level prior to your pregnancy. If you were not a regular exerciser then I would recommend speaking with your Obstetrician before starting any exercise program. She could assess your weight food habits and exercise capacity.
If you have a followup query, I will be happy to answer.

Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover,
Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW