Can hormonal pills taken for infertility lead to lumps under armpit?

I have a lump under my right armpit. I'm 16 weeks pregnant after ivf. I did progesterone oil shots until last week and estrogen pills through 12 weeks. Could these meds cause or exacerbate this lump?
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Not related to the medicines you took. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The hormonal preparations that you have taken are to support the placenta and to sustain pregnancy. These are not likely to cause the lump in your armpit or aggravate it. The lump is likely to be a soft tissue swelling in the area due to a lymph node swelling or breast tail enlargement. If there has been no sudden increase in the lump or pain in the area then it is likely to be a benign lump. A direct examination of the lump and FNAC will hep in the proper diagnosis. It is best to consult your gynecologist for the sane. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL