Can hip pain and constant calf muscle cramp after an accident be symptoms of a pinched nerve?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I just had a car accident 2days ago. Ever since the accident I now have hip pain and my calf muscle has had a constant cramp in it. Ive had a back issue from a previous car accident 12yrs ago, but ive never experienced s strong cramping feeling like this. Would it be a pinched nerve perhaps? If so what treatment should I seek?
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It would be a pinched nerve Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. It would be a pinched nerve. I suggest you to have MRI scan of lumbar spine to know the exact pathology. The management protocol depends on the severity of nerve compression. Temporary pain relief can be obtained by using an appropriate analgesic or muscle relaxant ,Pregabalin & methylcobalamine supplements. Consult an orthopedic surgeon for further workup and management I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care