Can high TSH and low testosterone causes erection problem?

Hello Dr. I have done a TSH test and my count is 24.4 my testesrone level is also very low which is effecting my erections please advice what medication to take to increase testesrone level and libido.
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Hari Om Chandrakar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: External Steroid Preprations. Detailed Answer: Hi, I had gone through your query and understand your concerns. The normal range for TSH values diifers from one lab to another, but most of the time, the values from 2-5 uU/ml is considered to be normal value. Your value 24.4 uU/ml is definetly in higher range than normal,which is due to T3 and T4 deficiency in the body, causing TSH to rise, and thats why there is need of external Thyroid hormone of 100u gram dosage. There are many causes of loss of libido and, one of the cause is hypothyroidism. If there is low testosterone values in your blood ,you are advised to have regular injections of external testosterone prepration compounds to improve erections and loss of libido and also you are advised to consume some OTC drugs like Sildenafil to prolong the erection. You can meet nearby STD clinic physician to have those injections/drugs prescribed. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Dr Hari Om Chandrakar MBBS