Can herpes be transmitted through using common toilet?

gentle herpeshi my name is XXXXXXX and I want to ask a question my best friend found out that she have herpes and I was wondering can u catch gentle herpes from object like toilet seats cause she used my bathroom and I was wondering is that true or not cause I know you can catch it from intercourse I hope its not true I know u can catch it from skin contact
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

Herpes, genital and oral, is only transmitted through direct skin-to-skin contact. It cannot be picked up from a toilet seat.

I hope that this helps. Please ask if you have additional questions.