Can hernia surgery cure low sperm count and increase testicle size?

Infertility Specialist
my husband had hernia surgery 9 days ago. We are experiencing infertility and he was diagnosed with low sperm count (6.4 mil, 10 mil and 16 mil) can this surgery help?

Also he said prior to surgery his right testicle was smaller than his left and now it seems equal in size.

thank you
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 31 minutes later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) Hernia surgery cannot cure low sperm count. Hence this surgery will be of no help to you.

2) If his testis was smaller, it wont become large. One of the diagnoses is wrong.

3) Since his age is 38 and count is extremely low, the only option available is Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection ( ICSI) where in your eggs are taken out of body and injected with your husband's sperms.

4) Since you both are loosing out on age, i suggest you hurry with ICSI rather than waiting and wasting time.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.