Can headache and foul discharge be signs of Trichomonas?

I think I have BV or Trichiomonis i have no pain really just head aches my discharge is foul but no odd color!
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Hello, I would be happy to help... Detailed Answer: I cannot view the pictures and I do not need to anyway. The most common infections that will produce an abnormal, foul smelling discharge are the two infections that you mentioned. While BV is not considered an STD, trichomonas IS considered an STD. So until this is treated, you MUST NOT have intercourse. Also, you should consider an exam with a doctor to check for other STD's that can also cause an abnormal discharge, such as gonorrhea. The ONE treatment that will cure you of either of these infections is: Metronidazole 500mg twice daily for 7 days. This is only available from a doctor with a prescription. I hope that this helps and good luck!
Follow-up: Can headache and foul discharge be signs of Trichomonas? 10 minutes later
Heres the pictures
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Somwhat helpful... Detailed Answer: The pictures show a definite abnormal discharge. If I had to guess, I would say that trichomonas infection is high on the list. This is EASY to diagnose in a visit just by looking at the discharge under the microscope. Go in, get checked out (for other STD's as well) and get treated. It is as simple as that! Good luck!
Follow-up: Can headache and foul discharge be signs of Trichomonas? 2 days later
Its not trichomonias they were able to tell, but im running fever worn down i hope i get results for ither stuff soon!
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you.. Detailed Answer: If you are continuing to have an abnormal discharge, and are now running a fever and don't feel well, then consideration needs to be given to something called PID, or pelvic inflammatory disease. This requires that you be seen as soon as possible and started on appropriate antibiotics if this is a real concern. Good luck!