Can gout medication raise ones PSA level?

Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 46 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome to Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

Are you on allopurinol for gout?
Allopurinol is known to cause elevated serum PSA (prostate specific antigen) levels.

PSA levels are affected by many things and are not the only markers of prostate cancer progress.

Please be guided by your doctor to interpret significance of PSA levels.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck!

As it helps us to improve continuously, may I request you to write a rating review before you ‘accept’ and ‘close’ the query.
Thank you!!