Can gastritis cause throat itching and coughing?

Hi, I am suffering from gastrieties for around 15 years. I have also throught icthing and cough wich recurrently appear. does the gastrieties cause ?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later

Thanks for the query

I need more info to come to a better conclusion of your problem.

1. What are your exact symptoms of Gastritis? Do you feel acid coming up your food pipe?
2. Do you smoke? How often?
3. How long since the cough has been present? Do you get phlegm when you cough? Have you suffered from fever?
4. Are you on any regular medications like anti hypertensives?

Please get back to me with the answers, I am awaiting your reply

I wish you good health

Follow-up: Can gastritis cause throat itching and coughing? 23 hours later
1. First I have pains in hands, I feel like sometimes my chest is pushed by something, burning stomach and throught, I feel sometimes like my back is hit by something, I feel like sometimes my stomach is swallen. I have used Omprezole and mothiluim. it works.
2. I am not a reguler smoker. Averagely I smoke two cigerate per one monthlike. But I have given up that eather.
3. Around twelve year. Cough comes and goes times to time.
4. No I am not on any regular medications.

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 4 hours later

Thanks for the reply

You are most certainly suffering from Acute gastritis and dyspepsia. I would advice you to seek medical attention from a Gastro entetologist for an endoscopy to rule out ulcers. For now you can take tab Esomeprazole instead of Omeprazole with domperidone. Esomperazole is more potent than Omeprazole. Please ask your doctor for a prescription

You can also try the following advice

1. Do not eat full stomach instead have smaller meals 4 to 5 times a day
2. Do not sleep immediately after meals
3. Eat regularly and on time every day
4. Avoid spicy, oily and caffeine

With regards to your cough, it might not be related to the gastritis also books do mention acid reflux causes cough but this is quite rare. It could a regular upper respiratory tract infection, if it occurs less than 5 times a year I would advice you not to put much emphasis on it.

I hope I have answered your query, if there are no further queries please accept my answer

I wish you good health