Can gastric sleeve surgery cause sharp pain below belly button?
User rating for this question
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Its related to the surgery. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. It seems that the pain is related to your recent surgery. The most probable reason is hernia in the incision area (belly button incision if it was laparoscopic surgery). Its quite characteristic for hernia to give a pain when siting up or during other activities which require abdominal tension. You should be able to palpate a protruding lump in the pain area (try to cough when palpating). Other possible reason is some infection (due to blood collection) in the soft tissues or in the abdominal wall. I suggest you to consult your surgeon. In case of doubts, abdominal ultrasound should be done. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
People also viewed
- Do's and don'ts after appendectomy surgery
- When i move my head i get dizzy feel nausea after csection
- Constipated sharp pain at belly button
- Fastin diet pills
- Zanocin oz treatment for liver infection
- Xl diet pills
- Sharp pain in belly button male
- Eating green apples cause of appendicitis?
- Latero flora probiotic
- What causes sharp pain behind the belly button
- Can gastric sleeve surgery cause sharp pain below belly button
- Sharp pain by belly button with colostomy
- What are symtoms of hido hernia
- Crocin tablet medicines
- Cancer-related breakthrough pain