Can gas or acidity cause pressure in head or trigger high BP?

Hi Doctor,Thanks for advice. But i have some pointed questions -1) Can gas/Acidity create sensation/pressure in the head ?2) Can it suddently triggers high BP with anxiety and goes down within 1 hr ?Is these symtoms linkedto acidity/gas ?? I have enclosed my medical report and everthing else is fine.As a diet i am making modification - couple of other questions -a)Can i take english breakfast tea with milk ( Dip dip one) in the morning ?b)Can i take XXXXXXX Cider Vinegar ( 1 spoon) with 1 glass of water?Regards,XXXX
Posted Sun, 25 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 21 hours later
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

Ans 1: No it can't. But many of my patients do have these symptoms which they describe as there was lot of gas in stomach, felt bloated and it ascended to head. However it cannot happen in anyway logically and certainly.

Ans 2:No acidity or gas cannot triggers high BP. However anxiety can do

Ans 3: About diet who should avoid fatty diet.

Ans 4:Cider vinegar is acidic in nature, please avoid it

Few more tips:

1.Avoid fatty meals
2. Don't lie down soon after meals for at least half hour
3.Take small and frequent meals, instead of full meals at a time
4. wear loose clothes
5. If you are overweight or obese do weight reduction with dieting and exercise

Among medication :
6. Proton pump inhibitor like rabeprazole along with a prokinetic agent like domperidone

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon