Can folic acid and vitafol ultra be taken together for pregnancy?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
i am pregnant entering the 12th weeks and I use Folic Asid daily and when i went to Dr. last week she gave me Vitafol ultra my question is should I stop folic bills or take both? and she gave one box only?
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Vitafol ultra- folic acid and other nutrients Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query on HealthCaremagic. Vitafol ultra is also a folic acid preparation but vitafol has other nutrients besides folic acid. You can continue your folic acid pills and once they finish you can take vitafol ultra. There is no need to take both the preparations simultaneously. You can always take more pills when your stock finishes. Folic acid is essential during pregnancy. It prevents neural tube defects in the baby. If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer. Dr Shailja p Wahal