Can floaters in eye, drainage from back of throat and seborrhea dermatitis be indications of HIV?

HIV AIDS Specialist
I never had any type of skin conditions before. So about some time between late XXXXXXX 2013 I woke up with my beard have filled with white patches thru out it. I also notice my eyes having floaters in the corners and I started to have issue with my tongue and drainage from the top and back of my throat.So in august I was diagnosis Seborrhea Dermatitis by a biopsy . I have what seems like very light patches that are round in shape over both cheeks and in my beard. I under stand that this could be hiv. Reason I ask is that I have in the past had unprotected sex back in 2010 once and twice in 2012. So could someone help me with this issue. I am taking the anti fungal meds that the dermatologist should I worry about hiv.
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Seborrheicdermatitis common even in absence of HIV Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. Seborrheic Dermatitis is a common skin disease. Anybody can have it. This type of dermatitis exists so common even in Pre-AIDS era (before 35 years). This condition is not an AIDS defining disease. This condition may get exaggerated in HIV disease, that too after not less than 5 years after the HIV infection (After considerable reduction in CD4 count), not earlier than this. So with this finding alone, one cannot be labelled as a HIV patient. HIV blood screening is the only way to exclude or confirm HIV disease. Don't get panicky about HIV and get cleared with blood test. Dr S.Murugan