Can fibromyalgia cause you to become bedridden and lead to paralysis?

Can fibromyalgia cause you to become bedridden what can you tell me about this disease can it cause paralysis also does the pain ever go away
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 5 hours later
Brief Answer: it cannot cause physical paralysis Detailed Answer: Hi Latahualpa, This is Dr Alok. Fibromyalgia is a pain amplification syndrome, where actually there is no physical disease, but due to poor relaxation of the muscles and brain, patients feel pain in the body. Some time Fibromyalgia is so severe that it may lead the patient to be bed ridden, but actually, there is no physical illness. With treatment, patient can lead normal life without any problem, and without any pain. In this disease, specific medications (you can discuss with your doctor), exercises and relaxation techniques can help you. Hope this will help, should you have any queries, don’t hesitate to contact me
Follow-up: Can fibromyalgia cause you to become bedridden and lead to paralysis? 7 hours later
What is a good treatment plan I ache all day lyrics is not helping I have a 3 yr old I can't go to work can you give me some advice
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: exercise, exercise and exercise.... Detailed Answer: Hi As I write earlier, exercise is the key. You need to do a lot of exercise, keep positive attitude, take balance diet. Meditation/relaxation techniques/hypotherapy can be helpful Proper and restful sleep is very important I usually advice brisk walking for at least half an hour to my patient who find difficult to do other exercises. Otherwise you can discuss with your local gym trainer or physiotherapist. I unterstand that initially this is difficult for you, but you need to do this, within few weeks you feel better. There are other medication available, for which you have to discuss with your doctor or probably he wants to increase the dose of medicine, if required Hope this will help Keep the positive attitude, High fibre diet, fruits and vegatable are good and avoid fatty diet. Hope this will help