Can feeling of dizziness and fainting might be due to heart problem?
User rating for this question
Hi doctor, I am 22 years old. I have been recently had a feeling of dizziness where once i nearly fainted. I am afraid that it might be due to heart problem. Please help me.
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Would suggest few tests to rule out heart problem Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. Dizziness and a fainting spell can be due to various causes, and taking your age into consideration, a heart condition would be less likely, but of course cannot be ruled out. I hope you understand sir, that we will have to conduct a few simple investigations to be able to rule out a heart condition. If you do not mind, I would suggest you go about the following investigations: -ECK (EKG) -2D echocardiography (a scan of the heart) -Treadmill test (TMT): Is a stress test These 3 investigations should easily be able to rule out or diagnose any cardiac abnormality present sir. But I am sure all will be well. You may write back to me with the results or consult a doctor at the hospital you visit. I would be more than happy to help you, if you would need my assistance. I hope you find my response helpful sir. Best wishes.
People also viewed
- Latent angina causes
- Ice pack to a chalazion
- Heart palpitations feeling faint
- Can peroxide help remove chalazions
- Feeling dizzy and faint palpatations
- Aortic stenosis causes
- Dizzy feeling faint overheating
- Chalk eating for liver cirhosis
- Aortic regurgitation causes
- Feeling dizzy and faint with cipralex
- Chest fluttering difficulty breathing dizziness feeling faint rapid heart beat
- Chalazion eyelid cyst cleocin
- Chalazion removal safe in pregnancy
- Av blocks causes
- Paroxysmal atrial fibrillation causes