Can facial flushing, itchy skin and tachycardia be signs of mast cell activation syndrome?

I was wondering if I could have mast cell activation syndrome -mastocytosis came back negative. I have had severe allergies all my life, but I was never tested to see what I was allergic to. 16 months ago I became very sick when our 4th cat came to live with us. My ige was 253-normal is less than 114. I am allergic to 10 things, and cats were off the chart. My symptoms are facial flushing, itchy skin, dizziness, tachycardia, stomach pain with diarrhea, headache, muscle cramps, and chest pain and tightness when exposed to animal dander. And smells bother me also that never did before. I had to get my own apartment. Any help please
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Below tests will help you Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Your symptoms are those typically seen in allergic conditions. I suggest you to get the below tests done which confirm that the problems you have are due to allergy for sure. IgE estimation Absolute eosinophil count (AEC) The above tests indicate the presence of allergy and also quantify the same helping what treatment has to be placed and also help in formulation of the same. The next set of tests is to identify the allergen. ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) RAST (radioallergosorbent test) This will confirm the doubted allergens and help us to avoid the same. Hope, I was of some help. Please let me know if there are any doubts. Regards,
Follow-up: Can facial flushing, itchy skin and tachycardia be signs of mast cell activation syndrome? 5 hours later
My igE was 253-normal is less than 114. Also had a RAST test. Confirmed allergies also. Not sure about the other two. I see an allergist in Philly in a month who specializes in hyper reactive disorders of the immune system. Thanks for the information.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Get the other tests too Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back. Get the other tests for confirmation and formulation of right treatment. Wish you good health. Regards,