Can excessive weight gain cause the clitoral hood to disappear or shrink?

Can excessive weight gain cause the clitoral hood to "disappear" or "shrink?" If so, should it go back to "normal" with weight loss?
Posted Wed, 25 Jul 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 2 hours later

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

I think it is your subjective feeling. I don't think the weight gain will cause reduction in the clitoral hood.

You might feeling like this as the surrounding area might have slightly swollen due to weight gain resulting in slight effect on the appearance of hood.

The size of your clitoris can seem to shrink or become larger due to hormonal changes with your menstrual cycle. Observation can help.

Whether you clitoral hood is shrinking or not it is always a good idea to reduce your weight. I advice you for gradual reduction in the weight with proper diet and regular exercises.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer