Can endoscopy causes one to have neck pain and breathing difficulty?

My mother in law had a endoscope on Tuesday; today we find out that she has severe neck pain that she cannot move; she was told that she may have a small rent but I would think we should see sub q air and she would have difficulty breathing; is this nothing more than her neck being stretched for the procedure; she is 79 years old.
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please, give her some pain medications. Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this pain that your mother in law has experienced following her procedure. From the information you have provided, this pain is most likely related to the procedure. during this procedure, the patient may adopt a position that at times may result in pains. Its management is simple and consist in addressing the pain with medications like Tylenol and Ibuprofen if there are no reasons no to use they. If these should prove inadequate at controlling the pain, then more powerful medications like tramadol, oxycodones, etc would be prescribed. However, these can only be obtained with a prescription because they are controlled substances. In this case, you would need to consult her doctor. Unless there is something you have not reported, there is no other reason to get too worried. try managing the pains as suggested above and all would fall in place. If these symptoms should not regress within 2-3days on Ibuprofen and tylenol, then you should consider getting her examined just in case there is another very unlikely thing going on. I hope this addresses your query fully and provides ample information for you to act on. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I wish your mother in law a speedy recovery. I do appreciate your concern for her health. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD