Can eczema develop at any age? Have pimply patches, itchy. Prednisone helps. Have stress induced asthma, dandruff and dry scalp

can eczema develop at any age? My daughter has been struggling with outbreaks that come and go. Sometimes they are like small pimples other times just die type patches. All are itchy. She has been to a family dr a couple of time and they have tried a few different creams. Predisone does the trick and stops the itching. Dr seems unsure what she has. Treated her for scabies, even though he said that wasn't it. Treatment seemed to make things worse. She lives with several other people and has had her Nieces over and they have slept with her and all have nothing. It has been coming and going since May and doesnt seem to be contagious. I'm thinking eczema, but it doesnt look exactly like the pics online and I wasnt sure if you had then since birth or can develop it later. She has issues with stress induced asthma, but no other alergy we are aware of. She has always battled dandruff and dry scalp. I've seen a sulfur lavendar soap advertised or an oatmeal soap, what do you think?
Posted Fri, 21 Sep 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 6 hours later
Hi dear,

Thanks for writing in .

Description given by you suits the diagnosis of eczema.

Also I would like to know.

Is it scaly?

Which body part is affected?

Itching is more in day or night?

She has it since how many years?

Please upload the pictures of affected parts by using UPLOAD YOUR REPORTS on right side of this box.

Pictures can help a great way in predicting the condition.

Till then you can try tab.zyrtec for itching.

Apply soothing lotion like white soft paraffin on the area.

You can use oatmeal soap as it is helpful for eczema.

Anticipating your reply.

Follow-up: Can eczema develop at any age? Have pimply patches, itchy. Prednisone helps. Have stress induced asthma, dandruff and dry scalp 5 hours later
I will try to get a picture to you soon, as she does not live with me. It started out on her wrist area. It has been on and off since May of this year, but never seems to completely go away, just gets better for a few days and flares back up. Initially looked like pimples here and there. Mostly on arms and hands, some on the legs a few on the stomach and back. primary problem currently, palms of hands. Itching seems to be worse during the day.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 26 minutes later
Hi again,

Thanks for the details.

Please send 2-3 close up photos of the affected area.

Photos will help a lot in predicting the condition.

Till then follow my previous advise.